Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Film & Television
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Film & Television is designed as a preprofessional degree program for students interested in entering the film and television industry upon graduation. This program will allow you to explore various aspects of the production process including directing, screenwriting, and cinematography.
The BFA in Film & Television is a selective admissions program which requires prospective students to submit additional application materials for admissions consideration.
Step 1 - Apply to LSU.
Step 2 - In your myLSU Admissions Portal, submit the additional BFA Application.
For the supplemental BFA application, you will need the following materials:
- Students will list any production experience (film, television, school broadcast, video, social media, etc.).
- Students will list part-time or full-time employment, volunteer experience, and/or extracurricular activities.
- OPTIONAL: a single page resume that further highlights creative works.
- Statement of Purpose: Brief 250 word statement that highlights why a student is interested in pursuing this degree and career goals.
- Film or Video Submission (1-4 Minutes in Length)
As part of their application to LSU, prospective students indicate two intended majors. Those who are not accepted to the Bachelor of Fine Arts major will be admitted to their second intended major of choice.
Think this degree is right for you? Whether you're a new student just beginning your college career, or a current student looking to make a change, get started with these helpful links.School of Theatre Admissions ProcessScholarshipsBFA Degree PlanADVISING FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
Questions? Contact Us!
School of Theatre Office
105 Music & Dramatic Arts Building
Attn. Becca Wagner
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-2504